This is a really simple and easy cocktail recipe, ideally for laying around on a lazy summers day.
- 3 cups rose prosecco
- 1 cup limoncello liquor
- 1/4 cup raspberry simple syrup*
- Fresh mint leaves, thin lemon slices, fresh raspberries to garnish
For the Raspberry Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (about 1 small lemon)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice (about 1/2 a small lemon)
- *Make the Raspberry Simple Syrup: Combine the sugar, water, lemon zest and lemon juice in a small pot. Bring to a boil and add fresh raspberries. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and let steep for about 5 minutes. Strain the syrup to remove all the solids and pour into a bowl. Chill until completely cooled. Makes about 3/4 cup syrup. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
- Combine the Rose Prosecco, Limoncello and raspberry simple syrup in a large pitcher.
- Pour a little white sugar onto a plate and spread to cover. Moisten the rim of your glasses with a lemon wedge and gently dip the rims onto the sugar plate.
- Pour Raspberry Limoncello Prosecco mixture into sugared glasses. Garnish with fresh mint, lemon slices and fresh raspberries. Enjoy chilled!